Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Service Journalism Submission 6: Rock & Republic


Rock & Republic Renders Rears
“Victoria Beckham puts the victori in victorious by making jeans the new “it” with her line of Rock & Republic London Crown jeans”
In 2004 Victoria Beckham teamed up with Rock & Republic, better known as jeans, to make her own line of bottoms for women. The London Crown jean has been so far successful. The fit of the jean is meant to be long and slim, having a low rise waist and a tight fitted leg. The sizes range from 24-32, all having a 36” inseam; some say perfect for heels, others say a hassle to hem. Made of 99% cotton and 1% elastin, these five-pocket styled jeans have been made for comfort and long-lasted wear.
My overall destination was to find out if these jeans are all there cracked out to be, running for $300.00 a pop. So for this adventure I chose 4 well rounded and different opinionated candidates for my “do these jeans actually make my rear look P.H.A.T.?” interviews, including myself, Miss Sara, Miss Chelsea, and Miss Shallin. Arriving at the store of choice, Aritzia, Sara chose a 32, Shallin chose a 30, Chelsea chose a 26, and I chose a 28.
The first model was Shallin, coming out saying that they were “massive,” so she tried a size down, and what do you know? Too small! She found that the sizes jumped from one to another, she couldn’t find the right fit for her hips and legs, so to speak, she says, “they make my ass look flat.” Next up was Chelsea, the jeans looked fabulous. She said the fit was good, the waist was wonderful, and not only did she like them, she would spend her hard earned cash on those jeans, not because of the name, but because of the comfort. The next model was Sara, she wasn’t able to give an opinion of the jeans because the jeans were too small, very displeased to find out those jeans only go to a size 32. Comparing those of another Rock & Republic jean, they did come in a larger size, a 34, and they did fit Sara. The next contestant was myself, going in with an open mind to loving or hating the jeans. I liked the fit, but being a 5’2” woman without heels on, I found that the leg was approximately 5” too long for my leg, owning many heels, and loving a nice fitted jean, even that is too long for me. Although, this is not the first time a pair of pants has been too long, it is mostly always, so putting that aside, and thinking of a hem, I decided I did, infact, think those jeans were fabulous, although the dark wash wouldn’t be my first pick, I would pay the $300 for those jeans, and yes, it makes a fanny fantastic! So overall I found a half/half opinion of R&R’ Victoria Beckham’s jean, If the crown fits, wear it…

No comments: