Sunday, February 21, 2016

They’re Real, and They’re Spectacular

How to achieve salon-perfect nails with your natural nails all on your own!

I only started doing my nails since I was 18. It never appealed to me until the recent nail art phenomenon, and I, too started doing my nails religiously, occasionally sprucing it up with nail art, glitters, nail wraps, and all kinds of creative things that all the top nail bloggers are doing. It’s been four years now, and constantly I am complimented with how great my incredibly long, almond-shaped claws look. I tell people that they are my natural nails and that I have never been to the salon to get my nails done in my entire life. The numbers of shocked faces I’ve gotten after telling people this is unbelievable; even my own friends don’t believe me. I am by no means a nail expert, but seriously, it is actually very easy to achieve salon-perfect nails with your own natural nails, and without paying someone to do it for you. Here are three important steps to nail it.



1. Care
This is a pretty obvious step, however, I am surprised when most girls I talk to have never heard of a nail strengthener. A nail strengthener does exactly that. It strengthens your nails, so your nails will be strong enough to grow longer. I use the nail strengthener as my base coat, before painting my nails. Also, if you use a nail strengthener routinely (I use it weekly), the worry that your nails will snap and break will be nonexistent. I use OPI’s Nail Envy Nail Strengthener, which is partnered with the Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil. These are my Holy Grail products, and I use them every time I do my nails.


2. Shape
If your nails are strong enough and in great shape, you can shape them any way you like, whether they are almond, oval, square, or even “squoval.” There is no need for any fancy, brand name products for this step; you just need a basic nail cutter and a metal or glass nail file. All you need to do is cut your nails to the shape you want with the nail cutter. You can cut it roughly, just to get the general shape, which you then polish (pun intended) with the nail file. If you are really worried about not getting the correct shape on your own, you can easily look up any nail blogger’s nails or even draw on your nails and use that as reference to shape your own nails.


3. PATIENCE
This is the most important step. You can follow the previous steps all you want, but you still won’t achieve long and strong nails without patience. I can’t say exactly how long it will take as it will be different for everybody, but if you follow these steps on a routinely basis, in time, you will achieve naturally long and healthy nails. Patience is key, and I promise you, it will be so worth it.


No comments: