Wednesday, March 14, 2007


Toronto’s Finest Stylist

Peter Papapetrou has climbed his way to the top of Toronto’s fashion industry, but don’t call him an overnight success. It has taken years of hard work, networking and a dream to get where he is today. As I sit down and talk to the former George Brown student I can’t help but get a little star struck. His face is plastered everywhere from his own TV show “Renovate My Wardrobe” to countless other TV appearances. He is a star, yet extremely nice and down to earth.
What was your first job?
My first job was in retail at a store called Bootlegger, I was 15 at the time.

What are your greatest achievements?
I have always believed in following your passion and not the money...when you do that somehow the money just comes. You have to put in a lot of hard work and you must stay strong. Now looking back I have had the opportunity to style for some amazing campaigns, worked with some of the greatest designers, travelled to some of the most beautiful fashion capitals and styled various celebrities. I have my own TV show and now I’m the fashion editor for Lush Magazine. I could not ask for anything more but I still strive to the next level. I love being challenged!
Future Plans?
My future plans would be to create and direct a Fashion House; I would love to bring a company to life. I think it would encompass everything I’ve learned and love. Also another show is a possibility.
Advice?
The best advice is to follow your instincts, be ready to work and try new things. Most of all never forget where you came from and always be willing to give back and help! Oh and every job you do, as miniscule as it seems teaches you something... TRUST ME!

No comments: