Friday, October 12, 2007

Music Reviewers Only!!!

Good afternoon people!! I just wanted to let all the music reviewers know about a few things actually.

First off, I got the band to agree that I was talking about. They said, and I quote, "We'd be totally stoked for that. Thanks for thinking of us!" So they're in. Also, I'm getting a picture from them. It's definitely in the works.

Second, in order to get the ball rolling, we need some questions. Just a set of 4 or 5 questions (not unlike the George In The City format) to send out to our respective bands. Now I don't know if anyone's opposed to emailing them, but I'm all for it (seeing as it's the only way I'll get to them in time).

Lastly, I can't remember her name off the top of my head, but there was a girl who wanted to be part of this too, and that's totally great. Basically what we decided was to do a quick interview/review on a band of the underground variety. We're sick of magazines telling us that Justin Timberlake has a new CD out and we need to buy it. Everyone knows!! So we decided we wanted to introduce our readers to a different level of music. So far, I've got a rock/alternative group, Lisa's got a hip hop type group, and I can't remember if Sam told us what she was doing. We're trying to mix it up anyways. The reviews will be about 100 words in length, seeing as we have to fit 4 on one page. :( And I don't know if we'll be able to get 4 pics on the page, but that's what we're aiming for.

So ladies, we need some ideas for questions. ANYONE MAY SUGGEST QUESTIONS however, we will have the final word.

Ciao!!!
Stephanie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
i talked to the guy i was talking about and he is also all for it!
emailing the questions works fro me or i can talk to him in person. either way, its a go.
as for questions, i was thinking:
1: who is your inspiration?
2: do you have any upcoming shows/cds?


lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

i also talked to the band i'm doing, and they are definitely down. Yeah, i can talk to them in person or email, doesn't matter. Also i can get a picture so everything is a go.

i think lisa's questions are good. since we don't really have much room.

-Sam

Stephanie said...

I was thinking these:

How long have you been together?
Who is your inspiration?
Upcoming shows/cds?
Most memorable moment (big break, etc.)?

Maybe that's too many, but let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I those questions are good. If they do end up being to many to fit on a page, we can always take one or two out.

-Sam.

Oh, George! said...

I think those questions are good. How about asking the band what made them decide to be a band? How did they get started?

Tara

Oh, George! said...

hey guys!

I was the girl who also wanted to be a part of the music reviews. I spoke to Sam and she explained it to me. So, I was wondering if you guys would rather me do a cover of a live show of a Candian artist or a piece on the album of an up and comer that i personally know who has already had some air play on flow 93.5 and places like that. Let me know!
~Chaendra G

Stephanie said...

The Questions will be as follows:

How/Why you got together (and when)?
How long have you been together?
Who is your inspiration?
Upcoming shows/cds?
Most memorable moment (big break, etc.)?

We can shorten if needed.