Sunday, September 30, 2007

Possible content idea?

Hey friends,

I was thinking that perhaps we could add a section to the magazine. Style.com has a section called 'the sartorialist', which is a section devoted to fashion on the streets/at events, which is made interesting since the subjects of the photos are generally not well-known celebrities or style icons of the fashion world, but regular, stylish folk. My thought was that perhaps we could incorporate a section like this in the mag centred around George Brown students. Essentially we walk around the school with a camera over a period of time and take pics of GB students with style. We can compile the pics, choose the best ones, and put them in. I feel as though this would be a fantastic addition to the magazine, because by incorporating the rest of the student population we have the chance to increase readership/interest in Oh George! Let me know what you guys think.

Also, I am incredibly interested in the art direction aspect of the magazine, so I'd love to be a part of that...are there any others interested in that area? Maybe we should discuss in class? Thanks.

Laura Hart

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I think that would be an awesome idea for a page, not all of us get our style inspiration from celebs, a lot of us have our own style and take from others we see around us.

Kristen Soutar

Oh, George! said...

Yeah, that was sort of my thinking...I think it fits in really well with the themes we're striving for in our magazine. What do we think about taking the pictures ourselves?

Oh, George! said...

ya i think that would awesome if we took them ourselves, and came up with an interesting way to display them. i think it would be an awesome fit to the mag.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

I think it would be awesome to put our peers in the magazine rather than some hired someone. So getting the street fashion look rather than the mainstream look would be rather cool. I was thinking of doing my issue based assignment sort of along those lines, but I'm still toying with the idea.

Stephanie

Oh, George! said...

That's so cool. something that I've always been interested in and have tried to capture is street wear
(check out my fashion show's www.freedomizeindie.com/posface).
I seem to have a huge longing to just go out there and take pics of people who just have the "it" factor (in my mind I guess). I'm all about thid Idea, as was I the one who mentioned about putting stuff about art into the mag. We should meet and discuss, and anyone else who has this interest any other ideas. How bout in the break today in class?

Heather Britton

Unknown said...

Hey Heather, sorry I didn't get your comment until after class today, I think we should definitely meet to discuss how to bring this idea to life. Anyone who's interested, maybe we could meet next week before class, or during the break? Or on another day? Let me know what works for you guys.

Laura Hart

Oh, George! said...

i think that sounds totally great! we could all start bringing our cameras to school and take shots, then collaborate and pic out the best ones. i'd definately be willing to help out with that.

-natalie good

Oh, George! said...

hey,

i think that is a great idea. I was actually going to bring it up later on, but if you need help with it i would be more than happy. Laura, let me kno if you need anything, ok?

~Chaendra G

Oh, George! said...

Wicked, thanks Chaendra!